Chemical Peels Treatment Bangalore
Did you know the famous Cleopatra used peels back in those days to enhance her beauty? Yes, chemical peels are not new and this concept has been used in skincare since time immemorial.
Actually the word chemical peel is a misnomer. There are no chemicals involved and your skin doesn’t peel with its usage but the name has been in use for a long time. Chemical peels were used commercially when Austrian dermatologist Ferdinand Ritter von Hebra used exfoliating agents like phenol, croton oil, and nitric acid in various cautious combinations to treat skin irregularities.
Nowadays, chemical peels are mostly fruit based and rejuvenate the top layers of the skin. In the next section, we have discussed chemical peels in detail.
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel is a simple cosmetic procedure that requires no recovery time and is done in our clinic. These peels are applied to the face and they exfoliate the skin gently and effectively remove the top layers of the skin, thereby reducing the appearance of scars, wrinkles and improving the skin texture.
Once the outer layer of the skin is expelled, new skin is formed to take its place which is smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. Chemical peels are used to treat a whole range of skin conditions including rejuvenating the face, reducing discoloration, and reducing the harmful effects of the sun on the skin.
Based on the skin conditions our dermatologists will recommend different types of chemical peels. In the next section, we have discussed the different types of chemical peels available.
Types of chemical peels
- Superficial peels: These peels have alpha hydroxy acids or other mild acids which penetrate only the outer layer of the skin. They are used to treat mild cases of skin discoloration and improve the texture of the skin.
- Medium peels: These peels can penetrate the middle layers of the skin and remove the damaged cells. This helps in reducing the age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, as well as skin discoloration.
- Deep Peels: These peels use trichloroacetic acid and they can penetrate the deep layers of the skin beyond the middle layers. This treatment is effective in removing fine lines, wrinkles and shallow acne scars.
In the next section, we have discussed the mechanism behind a chemical peel.
What to expect in a chemical peel session?
After our dermatologists recommend the chemical peel treatment to you we proceed with the treatment. They will select the type of chemical peel and the number of sessions you would require based on the severity of your skin condition.
Before commencing the procedure your face will be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for the treatment. Then a thin layer of petroleum jelly like Vaseline will be applied to the corner of your eyes, lips, and nose so that the chemical peel will not make contact with those areas.
Then the chemical peel in the required strength is applied to your skin gently. This is then kept like this for a stipulated amount of time. You are not supposed to move your face during this time. The chemical peels start exfoliating your skin to remove the outer layers of the skin.
After the designated time the peel is removed and the skin is cleaned again. This completes the procedure and there might be slight tingling in your skin that will go away soon. Once the procedure is done you can carry on with your day as there is no recovery time needed. You shouldn’t wash your face immediately or apply any creams or moisturizers after the procedure is over.
The treatments we offer
We have a wide range of peels derived from different ingredients. After diagnosing your skin our doctors will recommend the peel most suited to your skin type and condition so that you will reap the nest results. We have listed the different types of peels below:
- Salicylic Acid Peel: An oil soluble peel that exfoliates the face by removing the oil present on your skin. This is very effective in treating acne.
- Glycolic Acid Peel: This is an alpha hydroxy acid peel derived from sugarcane and exfoliates the face by reducing the fine lines. It has anti-aging properties and is useful in treating sun spots, melasma and acne scars.
- Lactic Acid peels: One of the most gentle peels derived from the lactic acid present in milk, it is suitable for sensitive skin and helps improve the skin texture and radiance.
- Mandelic Acid Peel: This peel is derived from bitter almonds and it helps with acne. It improves the skin texture, even the pigmentation, and is perfect for those with sensitive skin.
- Jessner’s Peel: This is a special peel that combines multiple exfoliants in one peel. It improves the sin texture by exfoliating the fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, skin discoloration and scars.
- Yellow Peel: Just like its name the chemical peel is yellow and is used to treat a wide variety of skin conditions like hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne scarring and instantly brightens the skin. It is safe and has minimum recovery time.
Benefits of chemical peels on the skin
There are many benefits to chemical peels. Most dermatologists prefer chemical peels because it can be completed in an office setting, there is no recovery time required and it is quite effective. It tackles various problems of the skin.
It is used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, rejuvenate the layers of the skin, remove dead skin cells, smoothen the rough texture of the skin, reduce the appearance of open pores, lighten dark spots and hyperpigmentation, reduce ingrown hair, and even the skin tone. It makes the skin bright and radiant and helps in imparting a natural glow.
Chemical peels will be prescribed as part of the treatment plan only after diagnosing your skin diligently by our expert dermatologists.
Why choose us?
Glamour Skin Care Bangalore is the best cosmetology clinic in Bangalore that specializes in different skin treatments. Our expert dermatologists are all board certified and have many years of experience in treating various cases of skin conditions. Our staff are highly trained and will leave no stone unturned in accommodating your requests and making you comfortable.
Our dermatologists approach your skin from a holistic perspective and treat it from all angles which includes lifestyle changes as well. They will also provide tips that will help you in taking good care of your skin and maintaining it for a very long time.
Our clinic has state of the art facilities and is equipped with the latest equipment available in the market. All our treatment plans are approved by the US FDA and are completely safe. They have been tested on Indian skin. All our services are very budget friendly and they can be acquired without burning a hole in your wallet.
We leave behind a trail of happy clients who are very satisfied with our services and have glowing and healthy skins.
The journey of acquiring healthy and glowing skin is easy and our clinic Glamour Skin care Bangalore is a great place for you to start from. Our expert dermatologists design treatment plans that are tailor made just for your skin and will address any skin conditions that you are facing.
So, if you want great skin and don’t how to go about it then drop by our clinic at your convenience as we are open on all days of the week. Our doctors and technicians will immediately assist you in acquiring the skin of your dreams. Now you can say goodbye to your old dull skin and welcome your new skin with a smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any rules to follow after the chemical Peel?
There are certain steps you need to take so that the chemical peel treatment will be effective. You shouldn’t touch your face, you shouldn’t skip sunscreen, you shouldn’t exercise immediately after, and you shouldn’t expect immediate results. Our dermatologists will advise you in detail.
Is there anything I need to do before the chemical peel session?
You will need to avoid cosmetic procedures and certain types of hair removal. A week before the peel you cannot use an epilator to remove the hair. Also it is not advised to go for hair treatments like hair straightening before the chemical peel.
Will I be able to notice any results after the first session?
There is no hard and fast rule for this and it depends on many factors. Depending on the peel type and the severity of the skin condition you can see results after one session itself. Many people have noticed that they have gained a smoother skin texture after the first session only.
Can I take a bath or shower after a chemical peel?
This is not advised. Even washing your face immediately after the session is not recommended. You will need to wait for 12 to 24 hours before showering. Your skin needs to be kept as dry as possible and that means no sweating, so even exercise is not recommended.