Acne Scars Reduction Bangalore
Scars on your face due to acne can be quite stubborn. They form little dents and pits on your face that can be quite visible. The skin in these regions will be uneven and won’t be smooth like the rest of your body. They damage the skin texture and most scars usually penetrate the deep layers of the skin.
Acne scars can be difficult to remove and are a major obstacle in your quest for smooth and even skin. These scars can also run deep based on the severity of your acne and even if your acne is temporary your scars are permanent and will stay on your face for a lifetime. Medical intervention is necessary to remove these scars as home remedies will hardly work.
But, before we get into the nitty gritty of how to remove acne scars let’s first look at acne scars in detail
What are acne scars?
Acne scars are caused by acne as the result of inflammation of the acne blemishes. The acne pores get infected and swell, breaking down the walls in the pore, spilling the contents of the blemishes onto the surrounding tissues and creating more scars.
Depending on the type of pimples you have and the severity of the pimples on your face acne scars are classified into different types. In the next section, we have discussed the different types of acne scars
Types of acne scars
Scars are mainly divided into three types – Atrophic scars, Hypertrophic scars and Keloid scars.
- Atrophic Scars: These scars resemble small indentation on the skin. Icepick scars are small scars that appear like pin pricks, boxcar scars are slightly bigger with clear edges and rolling scars have unclear edges and give the appearance of your skin rolling.
- Hypertrophic scars: These scars are raised scars and this happens when too many fibroblast are produced. Fibroblasts are cells that play an important role in the healing of the wounds and collagen production.
- Keloid scars: These are scars that are raised but are also thicker than the original acne spot. They are usually hyperpigmented making them more pigmented than the surrounding area. They can also be red or brown and sometimes these scars can also be itchy and painful.
Over the years many techniques to treat acne scars have evolved. We have listed the many methods that can be used to treat acne scars
How are acne scars treated?
There are a wide variety of ways to treat acne scars and it is recommended to combine more than one method to treat them as they are very difficult to get rid of. We have listed some of the methods below:
- Soft tissue fillers: Injecting collagen or fat under the skin can reduce the appearance of acne scars as the skin gets plump over those regions.
- Steroid Injections: Injecting steroid under your skin can reduce the appearance of raised acne scars
- Laser resurfacing/toning: Laser is used on acne scars to reduce their appearance on the face. They provide long lasting results and hardly require any recovery time.
- Radio frequency devices: Pulsed light devices or radio frequency devices make scars less noticeable without damaging the outer layers of the skin.
- Dermabrasion: This is done by dermatologists and the top layer of the skin is removed by a rapidly rotating device. This is used on deep acne scars.
- Chemical Peels: Peels made from acids of plant extracts are used on the face where they exfoliate and remove the top layer of the skin causing it mild trauma and boosting collagen growth
- Skin needling: A needle studded device is rolled on the skin by our dermatologists and this stimulates collagen production by causing mild trauma to the skin. To see results many sessions of this procedure need to be done.
In the next section, we have discussed the treatments we offer at our clinic, Glamour Skin Care Bangalore.
The services we offer
At our skin clinic we have a wide range of treatments available for treating acne scars and they will be made available after our doctors deem it necessary after thoroughly diagnosing your skin. We have listed the services we offer to treat acne scars below:
- Chemical Peels: Peels are effective against flat or pigmented scars. The top layers of the skin are peeled and a new skin emerges that is blemish free. Acne scars are visibly reduced from this treatment.
- Laser: Laser beam is shot at the affected areas to stimulate the collagen production which will improve all types of scars and lines. It rejuvenates your appearance and a younger, healthy skin emerges.
- Radio Frequency Micro Needling: This procedure stimulates collagen production in your skin that makes the surface of your skin smooth and even. It removes fine lines, wrinkles, stretch marks apart from acne scars.
- Dermabrasion: Here we use a rapidly rotating device to sand the outer layers of the skin. This is a skin resurfacing procedure and is done by our dermatologists.
All our treatment plans are approved by the US FDA and are proven to work on Indian skin. They are very safe and have been tested on Indian skin.
Why choose us?
Glamour Skin Care Bangalore is one of the leading cosmetology in Bangalore that has a wide variety of treatment plans treating different skin conditions effectively. Our expert dermatologists are all board certified and have many years of experience under their belt treating a range of skin conditions and problems. Our staff consists of highly trained technicians who leave no stone unturned in making you comfortable during the treatment sessions.
Our cosmetology clinic has the state of the art facilities complete with the latest equipment available on the market. Our services and products are very budget friendly and you will find our doctors and technicians to be very approachable and friendly. They will approach your skin from a holistic perspective and recommend treatment plans that will take into account your lifestyle as well.
We leave behind a trail of very happy and very satisfied clients and that is why we are the leading cosmetology clinic in Bangalore. We do our very best to help our clients acquire the skin they have always aspired for and take great pride in knowing that we have helped all our clients in doing so.
Acne scars can be difficult to remove and you will find them to be quite persistent. Though there are many treatments out there including home remedies they are not that effective in treating acne scars and their results are best temporary. To get great skin expert medical advice is necessary and that is where we come in.
At Glamour skin Care Bangalore you can be assured that you are getting the best treatment when it comes to treating your skin conditions. Our expert doctors and technicians will get to the root of your problem and design treatment plans that are tailor made just for your skin. So, if you want to get amazing skin at a pocket friendly price you can drop by our clinic any day and we will do our best to give you a blemish free skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can acne scars be prevented?
Acne scars can be prevented provided you receive treatment for your acne in the early stage itself from our expert dermatologists. Getting the right treatment is very crucial to prevent the acne from growing further and scarring your face.
How many sessions are required to remove my acne scars?
There is no hard and fast rule for this as it depends on a number of factors. Most treatments will require multiple sessions (6-8) and the treatments will have gaps between the sessions to allow for collagen production to increase.
Is it possible to have acne scars even from small pimples?
Yes, this is possible as even whiteheads and blackheads have the capacity to scar your skin and degrade the collagen. That is why it is best to consult our dermatologists to get timely treatment for your acne so that they do not scar your face in the long run.
Is chemical peel only for women?
Chemical peels and the other treatments we have in our clinic are for both men and women. These treatments do not depend on gender and are effective in treating your skin.